Monday, December 2, 2013

Did You Know You Can Remove Your Oven Door?

I just learned to day that you can remove the door to your oven. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN WEEKS!!!

I was planning on cleaning my oven today as I haven't ever done it in this house. We've been here a good 2 years and it was getting grody. While trying to cook Thanksgiving dinner we were dealing with lots of smoke from burned stuff on the bottom of the oven. Blech.

Before I started I was looking around on the internet to get some ideas for the best way to tackle this project. I ran across someone in the comments of a blog saying you could take the door off for ease in cleaning.

I quickly searched for how to do that and found this awesome YouTube video that explains perfectly!
 My oven had the second type of hinge and the doors came off beautifully. Halleluiah!

It was SO MUCH EASIER to clean when the doors were off. Where has this information been all my life?

I had to quickly post and share that tidbit. Hope it helps someone else!

And I'll get to the giveaway when I have a chance this week.


2 comments:

  1. I took our oven door off earlier this to clean it all easier but it didn't go back together the right way.... it works, but certain things aren't aligned! There were springs and stuff that made it tricky going back together. It did make it easier to clean though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly! I have a question about your blog! I'm Heather and please email me when you get a free moment at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...