Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How to Remember the 12 Apostles

In my church we have an exciting event coming right up. Our Semi-Annual General Conference! And this weekend is the first part of that which will be a meeting for all girls age 8 and up. That's an interesting change for this year and we are thrilled at my house because my oldest JUST turned 8. She's really excited to go with me to hear our leaders speak to us.

I was trying to do a Family Home Evening lesson on preparing for conference and I wanted to go over the 12 apostles. So, I checked out Sugardoodle.net and found lots of fun ideas for conference prep. There were even some recommendations for how to put the names of the apostles to simple songs to remember them! Some seemed more awkward than others. My favorite was to the tune of "If You Chance to Meet a Frown." 

Packer, Perry, Nelson, Oakes,
Ballard, Scott and Hales.
Holland, Bednar, Cook, Christofferson,
Anderson makes 12.

That gives them all in order of seniority I believe and is really easy to remember!


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...